The Foundation of Stars Centre of excellence on childhood obesity, which is administered by the Cardiovascular Health Network, is pleased to announce the upcoming 1st edition of the Scientific forum on obesity among children and youth, event that will be held on May 31st at Montréal’s ITHQ (Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec).
The forum, designed to foster exchanges and discussions among various Québec experts in the area of childhood obesity, will feature presentations by three renowned experts in the field, each of them discussing one of the scientific areas on which the Centre will be focusing its efforts.
These experts are:
• Dr. Julie St-Pierre: president of the Cardiovascular Health Network and associate professor in paediatrics at McGill University’s Faculty of Medicine.
• Ms. Sylvie Bernier: ambassador for a healthy lifestyle with the organization Regroupement pour un Québec en santé.
• Ms. Marie Marquis: full professor in the Nutrition department of the Faculty of Medicine at Université de Montréal.
Three specific areas will be explored:
1. The family: what factors have an impact on adopting a healthy lifestyle?
2. Medical/healthcare services: what healthcare approaches have proven successful in treating obesity?
3. Society: what social actions can be fostered or implemented to support the battle against 1. the childhood obesity epidemic?
For more information on this forum, contact Ms. Maude Sirois by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (514 416-0331).